Events at Marilyn's and Featuring Marilyn
Marilyn's has a space available on the lower level of the store that can accommodate groups of up to 100 people for instructive fashion shows, image workshops, and events for corporations or non-profit organizations. There are also events that take place in the store itself, usually fundraisers and shopping groups with makeup and image lessons.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2013 (2:00 - 4:00 p.m.)
CARP TO2 Fashion Show and Tea.
- Free event! Marilyn will dress CARP members to illustrate that age is just a number, that everyone can look their best, and that it's easy to travel with one suitcase and a carry on. This event will be informative and fun.
YMCA, 20 Grosvenor, just south of Wellesley subway.
Limited seating, so RSVP at 905.691.3462 or email email@example.com
- September 30: Retired Teacher's Association
- Marilyn and some of her FAWP team will be presenting at the Rendezvous Club luncheon. Contact 416.504.6777 to find out how you can get the FAWP team to come out to your group.
- October 2: Private event
- Fundraiser for international sorority. Marilyn hosts events for organizations (in-store and off-site) looking to raise funds. Contact 416.504.6777 to get more information and to book your group.
- October 5: Private event
- Fundraiser for Toronto church group.
- October 26 & 27: Zoomer Show
- Marilyn will be presenting a fashion show each day demonstrating that age is just a number, featuring models of all Zoomer ages, from 45 to 96!
Look for the From A Woman's Perspective booth near the stage.
Times to be announced. Visit www.zoomershow.ca for more details.
- Healthy Bra Fittings Upcoming Dates
- With Donna Smythe: (Saturdays) September 21, 2013 (more dates TBA). Bra fitting appointments go quickly; please book a time in advance. For appointment call the store: 416.504.6777
- Thursdays June - September: Women's Success Alliance -- Golf & Networking
- Marilyn Wetston and Debbie Ross (of the Women's Travel Network) host weekly golf and dine networking events at the Richmond Hill Golf and Country Club (8755 Bathurst; north of Hwy 7). Tee-off times can be booked in advance; $35 per person (+HST). Call the Richmond Hill Pro Shop: 905-889-4653.
- On the second Wednesday of the month, W.I.N.G.S. meets in the event space on the second floor (Green Instead).
Current Wings event
Women in Networking Growing Strong (W.I.N.G.S.) Downtown Toronto Chapter
W.I.N.G.S. meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month in the Green Instead on the upper level (10:30am - 12pm). The mission of W.I.N.G.S. is to bring caring women who have acquired Business, Life, and Mentoring Skills together with "PROTEGES" and those new to business who are reaching out to develop such talents. We do this through Network/Mentoring meetings, trade shows, events etc.
The downtown Toronto chapter of W.I.N.G.S. is administered by Marilyn Kay and Gisela McKay. You can find out more about the downtown Toronto chapter by visiting the website.
Marilyn's Exhibition Space:
On-going events in the space include:
Seminars & Workshops
Do you need an innovative fundraising idea? Try a seminar/workshop or fashion show by Marilyn Wetston, The Wardrobe Doctor. These events can be held at Marilyn's or at your choice of venue.
Topics can include:
- How to Organize Your Closet
- How to Update Your Existing Wardrobe for the Current Season
- How to Build a Wardrobe
- How to Accessorize
- How to Establish an Effective Business Image
- How to Make an Evening Look Without a "Party Dress"
- How to Pack a Suitcase
- Or A topic tailored to your group's interests and needs.
You can also see the Image Consulting page for more information and ideas.
Marilyn has done fashion workshops and shows for groups of up to 2500 women.
For details or make your arrangements, call the store at 416.504.6777